The miracle of the everyday walking
What is that that makes wonders for your figure, brings countless health benefits and that you can practice at any time of the day? Maybe it’s time to give the walking a deserved prize of the best physical activity.
Traveling by car is undoubtedly a daily comfort – you can arrive quickly to the designated place, but on the other hand the price of fuel is constantly growing. No, we do not mean to leave your car in the parking lot forever or to take hours until you arrive to work, but to reconsider the benefits of daily walking at short distances. Surely you are familiar with the benefits of walking, but still little information you will not be redundant.
Walking stimulates the brain. This is well known and proven – any form of physical activity helps not only your health but also your brain activity. Studies have shown that walking 45 minutes a day sharpens the mental abilities.
The conversion of walking in regular physical activity and focusing on its intensity and duration can remarkably improve your physical form.
Walking helps weight loss!
Walking improves the condition of the heart and lungs, the work of muscles of the lower and upper body. Also, walking optimize bone density and loaded much less joints, than other forms of physical activity. Walking on steep places or fast walking, improves the cardiovascular system.
In addition, walking is beneficial for those suffering from stress and anxiety.
To enjoy the health benefits of walking, you should go only 30 minutes a day 5 times a week. This can be divided into three series of 10 minutes a day.
Walking helps control weight. The passing of a mile / 1.6 km. / burns only 100 calories and passing of two miles / 3.2 km. / per day three times a week can reduce the weight of 500 g for three weeks.
In order to be effective:
- Walk every day
It can be started ten minutes while gradually increasing the time. In the absence of endurance can be started by walking every other day. The load must be gradual and set realistic goals. Some recommend using a pedometer. The simplest way to train without over loading is the fast walking. You only need to dress well and keep away from the cold while walking. Make sure to have to be stretched and warmed before walking and stretched thereafter.
- The faster you walk the more energy you spend.
The continuous increasing of the steps leads up to the point where walking is so fast that can be easily turned into jogging. Walking with such speed burns calories as running at the same speed.
- Walking on steep greatly increases the consumed energy.
Walking downhill also requires more energy than walking on flat terrain. More walking downhill can make you tired significantly because it uses the muscles as shock absorbers.
- Comfortable clothing
When walking it is very important to have comfortable clothing. This goes mostly for the shoes, especially when walking on rough terrain. It is better to carry a small backpack with some necessary things like a bottle of drinking water against dehydration; some food; sweater; first aid.
People walking in the winter in the mountains will need more things: a map of the terrain, compass, cell phone, you need to know the weather forecast and to notify anyone in advance where you will go, to wear warm clothing, sun protection cream and sunglasses.
Prolonged walking burns calories without to load extremely the body.
Fast walking as a way of losing weight is gaining more admirers.
It is especially effective for weight loss for people that cannot practice other sports (eg, have a cardiovascular disease) because it helps burn excess fat without loading the body and causing injuries. Fast walking is suitable for those who do not love sports or have access to the gyms.
To achieve visible results must, however, practice fast walking at least five days a week.
- Try to walk at least half an hour daily. Furthermore, Spend 2 more times a week for about 45 minutes walking, and on a certain day of the week take one hour of fast walking.
- You must go quickly, as if late for an important meeting – try to walk one kilometer for approximately 10-12 minutes. And one more rule: go with so fast that you are able to talk, but not to sing.
- Take walks in convenient time for you. Practice shows that it is more appropriate this to be done every morning when you have fewer carbohydrate calories and the fat stores can be burned more easily.
Before beginning to walk:
- Equipped well. Choose comfortable shoes. The clothes should be free and comfortable, responding to seasonal conditions.
- Choose your route. Try to choose a time without cars. If this is not possible, choose the street with a wide pavement.
- Take a warm-up. Walk a few minutes at a slow pace to allow your muscles to warm up.
- Drink water. During any physical activity the body loses lots of fluids. Always before workout drink a glass of water. It is desirable to drink and during any prolonged walking, so bring your own water bottle. Then again you need to drink at least one glass of water.
- Use a proper technique. Walk with a straight spine and lightly load the stomach muscles. To increase the walking tempo you should try to make faster instead of longer steps. Try to be with arms bent at the elbows or move them from the waist to the chest.
- After walking give yourself chance for to relax. Gradually reduce the pace for 5 minutes. This will calm the heartbeat and prevent the pain in the muscles.
Losing weight is not the only benefit of fast walking. It normalizes blood pressure, decreases cholesterol level, enhances the production of insulin in the body, strengthens bonesby reducing the risk of developing osteoporosis.
It is important to have a certain diet or a regime. Really effective for the weight loss is to take food more frequently but in smaller portions. When you overeat, you accumulate more fat and carbohydrates than your body can burn during running. These extra calories are converted into fat deposits. When you eat constantly, you maintain an optimum level of sugar in the blood. Its reduction causes hunger and desire to eat something sweet. Low blood sugar contributes to have headaches and irritability.
Every day you should eat:
- 4 servings of protein food. 1 serving is about 50 gr of meat, fish or 1 egg.
- At least 3 servings of vegetables and two servings of fruits. 1 serving is half a cup of fruits and vegetables or 1 cup vegetable leaves.
- 5 servings of whole grains. 1 serving is a slice of bread or half a cup of cereal or rice.
- 2 servings of low-fat dairy products. 1 serving is a cup of milk, half a cup of yogurt or cottage cheese.
Even 30 minutes a day walking is a great addition to a healthy nutrition program. Whether your goal is to lose weight or maintain a slim silhouette, walking should become one of the key points of your program. In addition to a balanced, healthy diet, walking stimulates metabolism and helps burn fat as it is essentially aerobic exercise.
And finally – walking helps us to live – longer and feel – younger. A study conducted on 8,000 volunteers, categorically proven that walking about three kilometers a day reduced the risk of death by 50 percent and increase life expectancy. When is the best time to start your daily walks? Do not wait, start today!