- 1 These Smoothies are promised to keep you hydrated during summer for your great weight loss goal!
- 2 PB & J Smoothie (Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein smoothie)
- 3 Key Lime Pie Shake
- 4 Skinny High protein Oreo Milkshake
- 5 The top 3 smoothies, healthy and tasty!
- 6 Why would these smoothies be helpful?
- 7 Share this:
These Smoothies are promised to keep you hydrated during summer for your great weight loss goal!
We begin to cut down our favorite foods and drinks in order to get a better progress on our weight loss goal. Due to this, we switch our food cycle to a lot of carbs, beans, vegetables, berries, and fruits. However, as time goes by on this mission to weight loss our taste buds seem to be bored of the same food types repeated over and over every single day. Which is why we have put together some great alternatives that would boost your taste buds and still keep you on your track to weight loss.
PB & J Smoothie (Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein smoothie)
If you are a fan of classic childhood sandwich, then you will love this recipe for sure. It is a little bit salty-sweet smoothie than you can slip in through a straw. Blended with frozen berries, with all natural only peanut butter, vanilla protein, rolled oats and soy milk helps to create this protein-packed smoothie with tons of excess calories. However, some of us are not fans of soy milk, which is why there is an alternative where you can use any unsweetened milk that you prefer. This will not alter the taste or nutrition profile all that much.
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter
- 1 scoop vanilla bean, designer whey sustained energy
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 cup soy milk
- Add all ingredients together in blender and blend it until smooth, then use a strainer to get rid of unblended ingredients
Nutrition: 228 calories, 7.5g fat, 1.3g saturated fat, 23g carbs, 5g fiber, 11g sugar, 16g protein
Total time required: 5 minutes
Key Lime Pie Shake
This is the next smoothie with great taste with ingredients like heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, butter, and sugar, it’s anything but great for your waistline. This is low in sugar and overflowing with 42grams of muscle building protein that’s more than a day’s worth of nutrient for those who are not very active, also for those of you who go to the gym, this would sum up to half of what you’ll need for the day. However you may be thinking that it sounds quite strange to add cottage cheese, but trust me, this is what gives the smoothie a satisfying milk-shape rescue consistency.
- fat-free cottage cheese (1 to ½ cup as you desire)
- 2 Scoop vanilla protein powder (1 to 2 scoop as you desire)
- 1 tbsp. lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- Ice cubes (depending on how thick you want it, useless for thinner consistency)
- ½-1cup water
- ½ Safflower Oil
- Stevia (or ¼ – 1tsp sweetener of choice)
- Handful of spinach or 2-3 drops green coloring to make it green
Optional: 1 tbsp. Sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix
Optional: ½ tbsp. xanthan gum , 1 graham cracker, crushed into crumbs
Add all ingredients into your blender and blend until creamy consistency is reached. Top with a crushed graham cracker if desired.
Nutrition: 212 calories, 0g fat, 0g sat fat, 17g carbs, 0.7g fiber, 7g sugar, 42g protein
Total time required: 5 minutes
Skinny High protein Oreo Milkshake
A wonderful smoothie that would boost your taste buds to a great level where you will not be able to stop yourself from drinking this smoothie every day. It has fat-free cottage cheese, skim milk, cookies, vanilla and a touch of Stevia to create a mouthwatering smoothie. It can be a big high in sugar of 13g which are naturally occurring from the variety of dairy, however since it is natural sugar, this will not set your diet off track. No matter how good it tastes, you should remember not to have it every day since it contains Oreo’s as well. It’s an excellent alternative when you begin to crave for some sweetly filled smoothies.
- 250g fat-free cottage cheese (low sodium)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 Oreo cookies
- 1 teaspoon Truvia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend the cottage cheese first
- Add the rest of the ingredients afterward and blend.
- Add more milk if a thinner texture is desired. Keep in might that it gets thicker when refrigerated
- Chill for an hour before you drink (Optional), but it tastes better if chilled
Nutrition: 211 calories, 3.3g fat, 0.9g sat fat, 24g carbs, 0g fiber, 19g sugar, 19g protein
Total time required: 8-10 minutes
The top 3 smoothies, healthy and tasty!
These are the top 3 smoothies that we have put together for you today, packed with nutritious and less in fat ingredients that would help you keep your weight loss progress on track at all times. We all need a change in our taste buds since eating or drinking the same thing would only be another distraction to set us off course. You would never know until you try it out and then I can assure that you will have a heavenly feel with every sip you take.
Why would these smoothies be helpful?
Some people get bored of the same old carbs that they begin to get distracted by foods and drinks that are high in fat and sugar, indeed this could be the worst of distractions since all of your hard work turns to be nothing but a waste of time and effort. Which is why to help you stay on track we gave you some amazing suggestions of smoothies that you could have to keep your taste buds as well as you’re dietary on the course. Remember to only have 1 serving a day, it can be yummy, but still, you do not want to be set off course.